ant-user mailing list archives

From Guru Balse <guru.ba...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problem with missing jars/zips in classpath
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:36:05 GMT
Haven't heard from anyone regarding this.  Any clues?  Is this a bug?

Guru Balse wrote:

> (This is for ant 1.6.X)
>
> When I am running tests, if jars or zips are specified in the classpath but are not actually
there (not ideal, but it happens in a multi-developer environment), then I get the following
annoying warnings:

>   [taskdef] dropping /ade/gbalse_ipds25/oracle/workflows/wf/java/lib/xyz.jar from path
as it doesn't exist
>   [taskdef] dropping /ade/gbalse_ipds25/oracle/workflows/wf/java/lib/foobar.jar from
path as it doesn't exist

>   ... etc
>
> Which is understandable in the verbose mode because Path.java contains:
>
>             if (f.exists()) {
>                 setLocation(f);
>             } else {
>                 log("dropping " + f + " from path as it doesn't exist",
>                     Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
>             }
>
> Problem is that I see these messages even when not running in verbose mode, and when
I added some debug statements to get to the bottom of this, the priority is listed as 1 i.e.
MSG_WARN.

> What am I missing? How do I turn these annoying messages off?
>
> For now my workaround is to copy a dummy jar (one that contains an actual simple class
file) to the non-existent files, but there's got to be a better way.

> Thanks.
>
>  - Guru Balse

Guru Balse
   Oracle - Server Technologies - iAS Integration QA
   Work: 650.506.1611 (1op668 - HQ)