ant-user mailing list archives

From Markku Saarela <markku.saar...@entra.fi>
Subject Re: ANT 1.6.1. Error during JAR Task.
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:27:04 GMT
Hi,

ibm 1.3.0 can't even make zipfile if  the total byte count is big enought.
Solution is to use sun's jdk for zip and jar task and ibm's jdk for the
rest.

cheers,
Markku

Peter Reilly wrote:

> Thanks for the update.
> It is strange that ibm 1.3.0 does not work and 1.3.1 does.
>
> I tested your build file using sun 1.5.0b and did not see a problem.
>
> Peter
>
> Celio.Rodrigues@ibs.pt wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>>        I have changed the IBM JRE from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 and everything
>> is working now, maybe there is some kind of problems with that versions.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> CĂ©lio Rodrigues
>>

>> Celio.Rodrigues@ibs.pt 03/23/2004 12:29
>> Please respond to
>> "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

>> user@ant.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> ANT 1.6.1. Error during JAR Task.
>>

>> Hello all,
>>
>>        I am getting the following error when i run ant with the jar
>> task.
>>

>> <target name="domanifest">
>>        <manifest file="${src}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF">
>>            <attribute name="Built-By" value="${user.name}"/>
>>            <section name="common">
>>              <attribute name="Specification-Title" value="spec-title"/>
>>              <attribute name="Specification-Version"
>> value="${version}"/>
>>              <attribute name="Specification-Vendor"
>> value="spec-vendor"/>
>>              <attribute name="Implementation-Title" value="imp-title"/>
>>              <attribute name="Implementation-Version" value="db01"/>
>>              <attribute name="Implementation-Vendor"
>> value="imp-vendor"/>
>>            </section>
>>            <section name="common/class1.class">
>>              <attribute name="Sealed" value="false"/>
>>            </section>
>>          </manifest>
>> </target>
>> <target name="jarit" depends="domanifest">
>>        <!--Compile Project -->
>>        <jar
>>                destfile="uniiface.jar"
>>                basedir="${src}"
>>                excludes="**/*.java"
>>                manifest="${src}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"
>>        >        </jar> </target>
>>
>> jarit:
>>      [jar] error while reading original manifest: invalid END header
>> (bad
>> central directory size)
>>
>> On the first run this message does not apear. but on the second run yes.
>>
>> Also the created jar file doesn't work on one following compile task,
>> but here the compile only fails because of missing classes that are
>> in the jar
>> file
>>
>> i am running ant with IBM JDK 1.3.0
>>
>> Any clues?
>>

>> Best regards / Melhores Cumprimentos Celio Rodrigues

Markku Saarela
Sr. Software Engineer (Java, J2EE, Smalltalk)
Entra e-Solutions Oy
mobile: +358-9-590 6505
markku.saarela@entra.fi
www.entra.fi