ant-user mailing list archives

From Guru Balse <guru.ba...@oracle.com>
Subject Problem with missing jars/zips in classpath
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:26:16 GMT
(This is for ant 1.6.X)

When I am running tests, if jars or zips are specified in the classpath but are not actually
there (not ideal, but it happens in a multi-developer environment), then I get the following
annoying warnings:

  [taskdef] dropping /ade/gbalse_ipds25/oracle/workflows/wf/java/lib/xyz.jar from path as
it doesn't exist
  [taskdef] dropping /ade/gbalse_ipds25/oracle/workflows/wf/java/lib/foobar.jar from path
as it doesn't exist

  ... etc

Which is understandable in the verbose mode because Path.java contains:

            if (f.exists()) {
                setLocation(f);
            } else {
                log("dropping " + f + " from path as it doesn't exist",
                    Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
            }

Problem is that I see these messages even when not running in verbose mode, and when I added
some debug statements to get to the bottom of this, the priority is listed as 1 i.e. MSG_WARN.

What am I missing? How do I turn these annoying messages off?

For now my workaround is to copy a dummy jar (one that contains an actual simple class file)
to the non-existent files, but there's got to be a better way.

Thanks.

 - Guru Balse