ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: launching bat file in new process
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:20:59 GMT
Tom Elrod wrote:

> Hello.  I am trying to figure out a way to launch a bat file within
> ant and have it continue on with the ant build.  I have seen a few
> post regarding this, but none of the suggestions from those posts are
> working for me.  I am using ant 1.5.4 on Windows.

Hi Tom,

if you can upgrade to ant 1.6.1, you can use the exec task with the
spawn attribute set to true.

like this :

<exec executable="cmd.exe" fork="true" spawn="true">
       <arg value="/C"/>
       <arg value="mybatch.bat"/>
       <arg value=">NUL"/>
        <arg value="2>&1"/>
</exec>

Note that I have included a redirection of stderr/stdout to NUL, because
otherwise your script might die.
The reason being that there is currently no pumping of stdout/stderr for
spawned scripts.

Antoine