ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: How can I get pass a response in Ant?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 06:30:00 GMT
Koji Sekiguchi wrote:

> > > How about using a property to pass back a response?
> > That doesn't work. Try ant -f  ant-test-response-a.xml with
> > the following two files in the current directory.
>
> Yes, you are right. ant/antcall doesn't seem to pass back
> a response via ant property.

It is not a case of "pass back", it's that the frame in which the called
file operates has its own copies of properties and does not influence
variables residing in the frame of the calling file.

> So we can use depends attribute
> to call another target at another build file which is imported
> by import task:

That's better, because a target and all its depends operate in the same frame.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but