ant-user mailing list archives

From Christophe Demarey <>
Subject Re: Use of environment properties
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:08:31 GMT

I want to launch an application (not a java application) that needs an
environment property.
In my Ant task, I have the following line :
Runtime.getRuntime().exec( my_app );

my_app needs to access the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find
I need to set this variable in my ant task and don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for your help.

Matt Benson wrote:

>--- Christophe Demarey <>
>>I want to set an environment property in my own ant
>If you mean you want to permanently set this in the
>environment of the Ant process as a true environment
>variable, you can't.  Let's back up; -why- do you want
>to do this?  Then we'll know how to proceed.
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: