ant-user mailing list archives

From Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Create incremental ZIPs?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:56:36 GMT
We have a relatively large WAR that is assembled via an Ant script, and
what we've done in the past is build the war, then open it manually in
WinZip, sort the files by modification date, extract the files that have
been modified since the last build, and re-archive to a 'partial' ZIP
file that can be more easily deploy to our systems (some local, one remote).

The full WAR is about 110MB, the partials tend to be anywhere from
2-20MB. Much better!

I'm now using the CruiseControl continuous integration system to
automate builds from CVS and I'd like to come up with an Ant target that
does (automatically) what we've been doing manually.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some docs that might get me to
where I need to go? I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks.

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst