ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: <delete> without following symlinks
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:36:35 GMT
There was a reponse to this e-mail that I deleted by accident.
One can use embedded filesets with followsymlinks, however
this does not work for all cases. I think that the "followsymlinks"
should be in the delete task as well. In this case, any directories
returned by the embedded filesets, or the directories returned from
the recursive deletion of the dir attribute will be tested for symbolic
linkness.

In the meantime, <delete dir="build"/> is extremely dangeous to
use if you are inclined to use symbolic links in the build directory.
(I was bitten by this :-[ ).

Peter