ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton C. Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject Help! P4Change.execute hangs the process
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:48:35 GMT
I'm using Ant 1.6.0 and I'm trying to automate a checkout by creating an
instance of the p4change task within another task. I instantiate it by
calling Project.createTask("p4change") and set a description via the
setDescription method. I then call execute and it causes the process to
hang. I'm missing something that the Ant runtime must do when invoking
the task because if I code it manually into a build file it works just
fine. I don't see what I'm missing but it's gotta be something. I don't
see any addiitional attributes that need setting; nothing that sticks
out at least. My 1st inclination was to call setProject on P4Change
assuming that the tasks project had not been set properly. That didn't
help. Niether did setting the view to my depot base folder. I know
what's happening. The process is blocking for input on the
getEmptyChangelist() method. What is the difference between the way my
task creates p4change and the way the Ant runtime creates and uses
p4change? This is a snippet of my code:
        if(checkout)
        {
            P4Change change = (P4Change)
getProject().createTask("p4change");
            change.setProject(getProject());
            change.setDescription("Auto source update.");
            change.execute();
        }

The checkout variable is an attribute passed into my custom task that
controls conditional checkout. This same concept works with other
Perforce tasks. I've tried it with p4edit, p4add, and p4reopen. I use
all of them the same way from within my custom task. The only task that
I can't seem to use is p4change. What am I missing? Help!

--
Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
Intelligent Computer Systems -  A Division of GBG

Phone:  717-295-7977 ext. 621
Fax:  717-295-7683
ccc@icsaward.com
ccraig@gbg.com