ant-user mailing list archives

From Drew Davidson <d...@ognl.org>
Subject Re: Ant Books
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:09:57 GMT
Chappell, Simon P wrote:

>>Looking at the table of contents it seems that chapters 12-18
>>is relevant to me while "Ant: The Definitive Guide" seems more like a reference.
>>

>While I had expected great things from the O'Reilly book, I was disapointed with it. A
co-worker actually bought it and over the past six months or so, mine is the one (the Manning
book) that gets all the borrowing.

I think that the Manning book is the best one out there.

It gives a brief tutorial on using JUnit also, which helped me quite a
bit to get up to speed on the essentials of Ant.  It covers many common
build tasks and where it doesn't do exactly what you want you can
usually adapt the process to what you need.  It covers just about every
area of Java technology, it seems.

Plus Erik is a good friend of mine and he sent me a signed copy for free
:-)  But it's really a good book, even without my bias.  Also, Erik,
please try to work OGNL in the next revision of the book!

- Drew

--
< Drew Davidson | OGNL Technology >