ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: Wanted: Ant idiom for optimal parameterized copy
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:52:37 GMT
David Corbin wrote:
> I frequently find I have to copy a file with a token filtering, where
> the filtering is driven from properties.  Now, these properties are
> often fairly static, but not 100% so.  Is there an idiom I can use to
> determine that I need to recopy file X because one of it's
> filter tokens
> has changed?

You could store the properties to filter in a file rather than a bunch
of ant properties and use that file for <uptodate> and <filter>. Not
ideal, especially since you probably pull these properties from
different places, but it would work.

David Harkness
Sr. Software Engineer
Sony Pictures Digital Networks