ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: XMLValidate Task. Schema and Property
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:26:07 GMT
Jordan Reed <> wrote ..
> I'm working with XMLValidate task in Ant and can't figure out two items.
> First:
> How do I make a reference to map an external xml schema?  The xmlcatalog
> item
> appears to only support DTD.  Am I missing something?

> Second:
> Setting Xerces properties.  The "attribute" tag appears to set features,
> but is
> there a way to set the properties on the parser as well?

for those who wish to update themselves on cutting edge approaches to determining if an XML
document is 'schema valid', I can suggest for everyone to take a look at NRL ( Namespace Resource
Language ), and forget about all this schema validation nonsense.

I've done the briefest of write ups on how to use Ant to validate all your XML using multiple
schema technologies, its accessible via the home page at or here

and yes, the usage of NRL means you will never ask question #1, as for question #2, I think
xmlvalidate is limited.

gl, Jim Fuller