ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to convert path to fileset
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:38:31 GMT
--- Brian Lalor <blalor@deltafaucet.com> wrote:
> Good morning, all.  I'm a relative Ant newbie and
> struggling a bit with
> the notion of paths and filesets.   I'd really like
> to be able to
> define a list of files that can be treated as either
> a path or a
> fileset so that I can limit the number of places I
> have to repeat
> things in my build descriptors.  Take, for example,
(etc...)

So anyway, depending on what you need to do, you can
go to different levels of complexity.  Basically,
though, I would recommend you define these files as
one or more "ref'd" <fileset>s, which you can nest
into <path>s however you see fit, including declaring
these as references as well.  Another interesting way
to do it is to define your <fileset>s using
<selector>s, and just ref those.  You can convert a
<path> to a <fileset> using <pathconvert>, as Doug (I
think) mentioned, but in this case it just might be
the backward approach.

$0.02
-Matt