ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Java implementation selector
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:24:09 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> > From: David Corbin [mailto:dcorbin@machturtle.com]
> > I just want to generate a List/Map of interface
> implementors.
>
> Somebody posted in BugZilla a while back a task that
> would populate
> META-INF/services/<interface name>, which sounds
> very similar to what
> you want to do. A few months back. --DD

I couldn't find this, but it appears to be a simple
matter to write a classfile selector using BCEL.  I
can write the ImplementsSelector and, for good
measure, an InheritsSelector or ExtendsSelector
(preferences?), but I don't necessarily want to go to
the trouble of creating their own project on
Sourceforge or someplace like that.  Can anyone think
of anyplace that might like to host a couple of
BCEL-dependent custom Selectors?  Would there be any
interest from ant-contrib, for example?  Or is there
some compelling reason I don't see making this A Bad
Idea?

-Matt