ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: cp or <copy> in windows?
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:38:50 GMT
  I think you're missing the fact that cygwin is
basically just a layer over Windows (MS-DOS).  As such
its file permissions are a presentation of the Windows
filesystem.  Unless you use the environment setting
CYGWIN=ntea you should be able to safely ignore
Unix-style permissions under cygwin and rely on <copy>
to preserve permissions as you have already seen.  See
for an explanation.  If you decide to detect cygwin,
you may find that the environment variable TERM is set
to the value "cygwin" under cygwin.  It is for me,
anyway.  See the <property> task for loading
environment variables as properties.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: