ant-user mailing list archives

From Satyajit Paul <satya_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problem in using ftp with ant 1.6.1
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:45:18 GMT

From: Satyajit Paul [mailto:satya_work@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 10:18 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Problem in using ftp with ant 1.6.1

Hi All,

I am trying to make use of ...like

userid="user_name"
password="password"
remotedir="/home/user_name/"
port="21"
binary="true">

But its saying
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

This is common and has a number of causes; the usual
solutions are to read the manual pages then download and
install needed JAR files, or fix the build file:
- You have misspelt 'ftp'.
Fix: check your spelling.
- The task needs an external JAR file to execute
and this is not found at the right place in the classpath.
Fix: check the documentation for dependencies.
Fix: declare the task........................

So, I thought it might need optional.jar. And I downloaded the latest one jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar
and copied it under ANT_HOME\lib

But still no luck :(. I am using ant 1.6.1 and this one I did not build, just unzipped the
downloaded zip file.

All the environment variables like ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and their inclusion in PATH are proper.

Do I need to copy some other version of optional.jar??? Saw some where that this optional.jar
not any more a single jar rather it is split in multiple from ant 1.6.0 onwards.

Or do I really need to copy the optional.jar as documentation says these already packed with
the core ant?????

I feel I am just missing some basic thing....and a BIG THANKS for any kind of help.....

Reagrds,
satya