ant-user mailing list archives

From Satyajit Paul <satya_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem in using ftp with ant 1.6.1
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:18:05 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to make use of <ftp> ...like
<target name="upload">
    <ftp  server="server_name"
      userid="user_name"
      password="password"
      remotedir="/home/user_name/"
      port="21"
      binary="true">
 <fileset dir="temp">
        <include name="**/*.txt"/>
     </fileset>
    </ftp>
</target>

But its saying
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

This is common and has a number of causes; the usual
solutions are to read the manual pages then download and
install needed JAR files, or fix the build file:
 - You have misspelt 'ftp'.
   Fix: check your spelling.
 - The task needs an external JAR file to execute
   and this is not found at the right place in the classpath.
   Fix: check the documentation for dependencies.
   Fix: declare the task........................

So, I thought it might need optional.jar. And I downloaded the latest one jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar
and copied it under ANT_HOME\lib

But still no luck :(. I am using ant 1.6.1 and this one I did not build, just unzipped the
downloaded zip file.

All the environment variables like ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and their inclusion in PATH are proper.

Do I need to copy some other version of optional.jar??? Saw some where that this optional.jar
not any more a single jar rather it is split in multiple from ant 1.6.0 onwards.

Or do I really need to copy the optional.jar as documentation says these already packed with
the core ant?????

I feel I am just missing some basic thing....and a BIG THANKS for any kind of help.....

Reagrds,
satya