ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Guidance on build.xml to build dev/test/live with no changes
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:42:53 GMT
Actually, after reading your email again, I have some more suggestions. I would still recommend
using separate instances of tomcat, but I would also suggest separating the "build" from the
"deploy". So with separate instances of tomcat you can produce a single war file that will
run in any (hopefully all) environment, with a single war-making target in your build.xml.
Then you could create a properties file for each environment and create a deploy task that
uses the properties defined for the environment.

-Rob Anderson