ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Guidance on build.xml to build dev/test/live with no changes
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:22:12 GMT
If it were me, I would run the three in totally separate instances of tomcat. This will allow
you to control the server configuration, and changes to server configuration, the same way
you handle source code changes. It will also allow you to upgrade the version of tomcat on
your dev environment without affecting production. If you run separate instances of tomcat
you can use the same name for the three war files. You could also use the same context root.
This would make migrating changes easy once the war is build. You could simply move the current
production war out of $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps and move the new war in (and restart).

If separate instances of tomcat are not appealing, or not possible, I think you are on the
right track.

-Rob Anderson