ant-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Reed <>
Subject Best Practices for Database Tasks
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:08:40 GMT
I've got my first ant project that is going to need to execute various database
tasks in the process.  I've got some basic SQL tasks for cleaning and building
the database but I feel like I'm approaching it in a very poor manner.

Could anyone share or point me to a place where I might be able to find some
best practices for database manipulation tasks?  Things I'm specifically
struggling with are:
- Different configurations for different machines (i.e. the developers machines
shouldn't be wiping the database when they do a build, but the continuous build
machine should).
- Different population for different environments.  (i.e. developers are going
to want to populate different test data depending on what they are working on.
Data like configuration values (stored in the db) may various depending on what
environment is being built.)

Jordan Reed

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: