ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wanted: Ant idiom for optimal parameterized copy
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:04:47 GMT
--- David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com> wrote:
> What I need is a why to compare a set of properties
> used previously with a set
> of properties used now, and set yet another property
> if they are not the
> same.

This solution is not all that cool, but hear me out:
could you just create a temporary copy of the file and
compare against the one you already have?  If you
wanted to make it slightly cooler (no temp files,
which I hate) you could--I assume you're using the
<replacetokens> FilterReader--use a <loadfile> with
your same filterchain to get the would-be contents
into a property, load the previous file with an
unfiltered <loadfile> and compare those properties
using an <equals> condition...

-Matt