ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: Ant Books
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:00:07 GMT

That'd do it.

>Back to the subject of Ant Books, do either give a more Web orientated
>slant?

Hmmm. Not a direction of thought that I have ever taken. I lead a team that develops and maintains
an internal web app, and our use of ant has been purly at the build end of the spectrum. Deployment
and other such post-programming phases are relatively ant-free.

>Looking at the table of contents it seems that chapters 12-18
>is relevant to
>me while "Ant: The Definitive Guide" seems more like a reference.

While I had expected great things from the O'Reilly book, I was disapointed with it. A co-worker
actually bought it and over the past six months or so, mine is the one (the Manning book)
that gets all the borrowing.

>Any way - it is past my bedtime:-)
>
>Thanks for taking an interest when all it took was a bit of patience.

That's why we're here.

>G.

Simon