ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Generating XDoclet stuff only if changed
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:26:19 GMT
On Mar 30, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Marco Tedone wrote:
> Hi, my boss would like to generate the XDoclet generated code for our
> EJBs only when the "eventually generated" code would be different from
> the "already generated" one, thus avoiding lost of time.
>
> Has anyone something to reccomend?

XDoclet itself does dependency quite well, although it still takes a
little time to process that.  When things are up-to-date it definitely
runs much faster.  But, to speed things up even more, you can use
<uptodate> to check source/target files, set a property, and then use
an if/unless clause on a target to bypass XDoclet generation.

	Erik