ant-user mailing list archives

From Hynes Fintan <Fintan.Hy...@traventec.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.6 with Weblogic 8.1
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:13:51 GMT
Thanks Keith,

We maintain ant in our own environment.. which is independent of the
Weblogic Server.... the ant script that is called and the ant libs included
in the classpath are defined here..  all I did was add weblogic.jar (and
webservices.jar) from our own 3rdparty lib folder to the classpath.

As regards creating a specific <Taskdef> with <PAth etc. , I know this would
probably solve the problem but I use several other WLS/3rd party Tasks and I
would have to do this in all cases, instead of just adding an entry to
defaults.properties

Thanks for your suggestions,
Fintan

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 3:37 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Ant 1.6 with Weblogic 8.1

Hi Fintan,

I'm not sure about WLS 8.1 specifically, but previous versions of WLS have
included an Ant version in their distribution and I guess this may well be
the source of the problem (I guess ant.Launcher is expecting an Ant 1.6
ant.Main but finding a 1.5.x ant.Main from weblogic.jar instead).

So...

- You might try omitting weblogic.jar from the classpath, and using a
specific <path id=...> for weblogic.jar and <taskdef>ing it with <classpath
refid=...>
- Look at FAQs for optional / third-party tasks for other possible
solutions, because I'd be almost certain your issue is related to the
classpath / classloader and Weblogic bringing in another version of Ant.

Hope this helps
Keith