ant-user mailing list archives

From Hynes Fintan <Fintan.Hy...@traventec.com>
Subject Ant 1.6 with Weblogic 8.1
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:10:25 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm currently attempting to migrate from Ant 1.5.3 to 1.6.
As part of my build process I need to invoke the Weblogic Server supplied
Ant task <wlappc>.
Up to this version of Ant, I have just added the weblogic jarfile to the
classpath and added the taskdef for the weblogic tasks into the
default.properties file of ant.jar.

This does not seem to work now.  If I add weblogic.jar to the classpath
(using the -lib option), I get the following error when ant tries to invoke
the launcher:

java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:214)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:90)

I've tried removing weblogic.jar from the classpath and putting it in the
ant lib folder.  This got rid of the above error but it could not see the
<wlappc> task.  Even if I take the weblogic taskdefs from the
defaults.properties file and have weblogic.jar in the classpath, I still get
the launcher exception.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Fintan

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
privileged and are intended solely for the individual named/ for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.If you are not the
intended addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail.Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail
by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that reviewing, disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.Please note that any views or opinions expressed in
this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Traventec Limited.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
destroyed, or arrive late or incomplete.Traventec Limited therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.The recipient should
check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.This
e-mail has been swept for computer viruses however Traventec Limited accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.