ant-user mailing list archives

From "Baz" <>
Subject Detecting unix style then choose how to copy files?
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:31:56 GMT

Sorry to asking similar questions but i am not sure if i am asking the right
questions. I am trying to have the copy working on all platforms, cygwin
windows, dos windows and unix.

<copy> will work fine but not preserving the permission. <chmod> cannot
change modes in dos and cannot change the "others" permission, e.g 777. What
should I do?

So I am thinking that if i encounter "unix" style environment, i.e. Unix and
Cygwin, then use "cp -r" otherwise just use the default <copy>.

What is the best way to do it? Would you please be more details?

Thank you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message