ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant Build Problems
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:27:18 GMT
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 04:12:27 -0500, <pavan.k@tcs.com> wrote:

> that information is ok with me..but atleast i should find some jar
> created
> whether it works or not..my problem is it gives a build failed
> message,followed by that information
> and doesnt build anything..but its able to create a war file..

Let me be clearer. JBuilder is creating a build file which is guaranteed
to fail because they have put <fail> tasks into the build. Since the <jar>
task comes after those fail tasks, the jar will never be built. It doesn't
matter whether it builds wars, it's never going to build a jar.

Edit the file - remove the <fail> statements - you will have the jar. It
may not be the same jar that JBuilder would build but it will be there.

You need to ask Borland why their generated build file looks the way it
does. There may be options to control this - I have no idea.

Conor