ant-user mailing list archives

From Ben Pracht <bpra...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Why can't Ant find my class?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:43:54 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

> --- Ben Pracht <bpracht@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Some points:
>>*  The jar file both exists and has the class file
>>FixCRLFFilter.
>>*  Notice that I gave Ant an absolute path name to
>>hopefully force him
>>to look where he's supposed to.
>>*  The class FixCRLFFilter implements
>>ChainableReader.
>>
>>What gives?
>

> I know you're trying to avoid these kinds of
> questions, but can you confirm your class a) is
> unpackaged and b) lives at the root of your jar?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

> http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

The source doesn't have a package statement but it is under
${basedir}/source.  At some point, I'll make a package out of this, but
I'd like for it to at least work outside the the test environment I set up.

Here's how I build it:
         <javac srcdir="${filtered_source}/source"
                destdir="${build_java}/class"
                deprecation="true"
                classpath="${ANT_HOME}/src"
                debug="true"
                verbose="false"
                includes="**/*.java"
                />
         <manifest file="${build_java}/FixCRLFFilter/manifest.mft">
             <attribute name="Main-Class" value="StandaloneTestFilter"/>
             <attribute name="Implementation-Title" value="FixCRLFFilter
Filter"/>
             <attribute name="Implementation-Version"
value="${SCD_VERSION} ${TODAY}"/>
             <attribute name="Implementation-Vendor" value="IBM
Corporation"/>
         </manifest>

         <jar jarfile="${build_java}/FixCRLFFilter/FixCRLFFilter.jar"
              manifest="${build_java}/FixCRLFFilter/manifest.mft"
              basedir="${build_java}/class"
              includes="*.class"
         />

Thanks for any tips provided, btw.