ant-user mailing list archives

From Baz ¤Ñª° <sky_f...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Comment in my Ant build structure please? <import> and <subant>
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:59:20 GMT
-Daniel,

Do you have the ant file examples of how you compile those cpp files
in your tree? I would love to see some examples on how to compile
cpp files.

Thanks in advance.

B.
barry@goodconsultants.com

-- In apache-ant@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Zapata" <dzapata@b...>
wrote:
> Baz,
> Why are you putting build.xmls in directories under /src?  In my
experience, only source code (java or otherwise should go in here.
The structure that is used in my team is as follows:

> main/
> 	build.xml
> 	projectA/
> 		config/*.properties (or any other configuration
files that your project may need.  If you need to templatize the
config files for any reason, we put them somewhere under /src  and
generate the transformed config file somewhere under build/)
> 		src/java/com/*/*.java
> 		src/cpp/*/*.cpp (*.cc)
> 		build.xml
> 	projectB/
> 		src/java/com/*/*.java
> 		src/cpp/*/*.cpp (*.cc)
> 		build.xml
> 	etc....
>
> So when someone calls a target from main/ (such as build), that
target gets propogated to all of the subprojects via <ant
antfile="projectA/build.xml" target="build"/>. I'm not sure why you
would need to use <subant/> in either case.

> For the common targets, I like the idea of pulling out common
tasks into a master file, as long as you have accounted for those
cases when you need to redefine targets for projects.  It looks like
you have done this.

> Danny

common.xml