ant-user mailing list archives

From pava...@tcs.com
Subject Re: Ant Build Problems
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:58:08 GMT
jan/conor,
thats the first job i tried before mailing to this list..JBuilder also
gives me an option
to produce the XML Comments instead of fail messages..but even at that
point fo time
ant build fails..anywayz keep mailing if u have more clues..i will try
again in the mean time

Pavan Kumar
T C S
Mailto: pavan.k@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
02/06/2004 04:27 AM

Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Ant Build Problems

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 04:12:27 -0500, <pavan.k@tcs.com> wrote:

> that information is ok with me..but atleast i should find some jar
> created
> whether it works or not..my problem is it gives a build failed
> message,followed by that information
> and doesnt build anything..but its able to create a war file..

Let me be clearer. JBuilder is creating a build file which is guaranteed
to fail because they have put <fail> tasks into the build. Since the <jar>

task comes after those fail tasks, the jar will never be built. It doesn't

matter whether it builds wars, it's never going to build a jar.

Edit the file - remove the <fail> statements - you will have the jar. It
may not be the same jar that JBuilder would build but it will be there.

You need to ask Borland why their generated build file looks the way it
does. There may be options to control this - I have no idea.

Conor