ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mario Manfre" <Mar...@PGAS.com>
Subject WindowsXP - JDBC and property files
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:29:07 GMT
I've run across a problem where it seems like on an XP machine the property files variables
are padded.

I have a file user.properties which contains the following..

jdbc-connect-db=TestDB1
db.user=TestUser
db.user.password=Testing_01
jdbc-connect=jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://SQL-DB:1433;databasename=${jdbc-connect-db}
dbDriver=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

when I run my ant script from windows2000 all is well, when I run it on XP I get a sql login
fail error for user 'TestDB1                         '

If i change the above to look like

   <property name="db.user" value="TestUser" />
   <property name="db.user.password" value="Testing_01" />

everything works fine. Is there something simply not installed properly on the machine (maybe)
or is this a known issue? If so any ideas for a work around.

Mario Manfre