ant-user mailing list archives

From "Digambar, Shaligram (Consultant)" <Shaligram.Digam...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: How to redirect javac task errors to a separate file
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:31:04 GMT
Even after redirection errors, warnings and messages could not be separated
as currently <javac> assigns same level to all kinds of messages. It needs
to assign different levels. I definitely see this as bug in <javac> task.

It would be nice to provide following features for the javac task in future

-separation of output based on levels-it can be html file.
-ability to provide compiler error links to actual source code

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson []
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 4:23 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: How to redirect javac task errors to a separate file

--- "Digambar, Shaligram  (Consultant)"
<Shaligram.Digambar@GTECH.COM> wrote:
> in-built <javac> task. I wonder if someone knows a
> way to get this working
> with the in-built <javac> task.

With a decision by the committers we could probably
add output redirection for externally invoked
compilers at some point in the future.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message