ant-user mailing list archives

From "Digambar, Shaligram (Consultant)" <Shaligram.Digam...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: How to redirect javac task errors to a separate file
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:14:39 GMT
The problem with javac task is that it gives same level (Warning) to
compilation error as other javac messages such as loading class and parsing
so the error messages could not be filtered even after using <record
level="warn">. I can use <exec> to run javac process but then I cannot use
in-built <javac> task. I wonder if someone knows a way to get this working
with the in-built <javac> task.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson []
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 4:10 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: How to redirect javac task errors to a separate file

--- "Digambar, Shaligram  (Consultant)"
<Shaligram.Digambar@GTECH.COM> wrote:
> I need to redirect ant javac tasks error output to a
> separate file.

I didn't know about <record>; that will probably take
care of you.  <exec> could be another possible
workaround.  Ant supports many compilers, all of
which, AFAIK, handle their own output (it is only
logged b/c Ant sets System.out and System.err to its
log stream).  The few that are invoked as external
processes--gcj, jikes, extJavac, sj, jvc--could be
candidates for I/O redirection, but then you'd have
the problem of it working for some compilers but not

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message