ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: javac compiler exception
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:10:50 GMT
> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@hatcher.net]
>
> What is causing <javac> to fail?  Forking doesn't help.

I've had Javac fail on me in the past, when I was trying to
sort out a huge dependency mess in a bug project. The Javac
bug was triggered by not having many dependent classes
necessary to compile the sources. (I was leaving everything
out on purpose, and add dependencies one by one).

Adding the dependent classes on the Javac classpath cleared
the problem. Not sure if it could be related, i.e. a ClassPath
issue.

Another possibility, unlikely though, is that this developer
is having locally modified code that could trigger a bug? If
she has a clean, up-to-date sandbox, then it's something else.

You could try adding include{Ant|Java}Runtime="false" to see
if it's an environment thing. --DD