ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Question about failonerror
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:05:01 GMT
> From: Tony Brusseau [mailto:brusseau@cyc.com]
>
> I just wrote a target that calls junit and
> has different behaviors depending on whether of
> not junit succeeded. To do this I used the
> following attributes:
> 	haltonfailure="off"
>         failureproperty="test-failed"
>
> I'd like to have the same behevior for
> compling, cleaning, "cvsing", installing, etc.

Why? Doesn't an unsuccessful compile warrant a failure?

The only time I ever use failonerror="false" is to allow
generating the testing report with <junitreport>, so that
the developer can look at the failures in the report, and
I then actually fail the build.

That's it. Everything else that fails should fail the build,
and you should reconsider doing anything different, IMHO. --DD