ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Best Practices ANT
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:16:11 GMT
<snip>
I recall that EJBs are supposed to be in individual JAR files, so I think that combining them
into a single JAR file would be classified as a Bad Thing(tm).
</snip>

I don't think it's a Bad Thing, otherwise the deployment descriptor wouldn't allow for it
:)
It's fair enough to package related EJBs together.

It's also fair enough (getting back to the original point of the thread) to have the WAR file
build depend on the EJB build - particularly, for example, if the servlets or JSPs make calls
to those EJBs. And building an EAR file depends on both those tasks. Obviously having the
dependencies the other way round would not make sense.

Keith