ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Javac re-compiles classes that haven't changed
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 04:21:34 GMT
On Feb 4, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> I have the following compile target that compiles some .java files in
> the
> src/service tree, as well as some XDoclet generated files (Struts
> ActionForms)
> in build/web/gen.  The problem I'm experiencing is that the files from
> build/web/gen are recompiled every time, even if they haven't been
> regenerated.
>  Any ideas how to solve this?
>
>     <target name="compile-service" depends="package-dao"
>     	description="Compile service module">
>         <antcall target="compile-module" inheritAll="true">
>             <param name="module" value="service"/>
>             <!-- Needed for generated ActionForms -->
>             <param name="additional.src.dirs"
>
> value="${build.dir}/web/gen;src/web/org/appfuse/webapp/form"/>

My guess is that second path here.  src/web is probably what you should
say, since it appears to be a package root.  It is such a common issue
it even exists as an FAQ :)
<http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#always-recompiles>

	Erik

p.s. While I'm quite proud of my <antcall> consolidation for compiling
several various source trees which you have used here, if you are at
Ant 1.6 you should switch this to <macrodef> style calls and you will
likely see a speed increase of your builds.