ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Java and Clearcase
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:41:03 GMT
I suggest that you download the source for ant and look at the existing clearcase tasks as
examples. Your code below is missing some things line import statements, package definition
and methods.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomar Ajay singh (DS/ESQ2) [mailto:Ajaysingh.Tomar3@de.bosch.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 7:05 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Java and Clearcase

Hello,

I would like to invoke cleartool command from my java code. Do you have any example how to
do that?

I tried executing the program below but it is giving Null Pointer Exception.

public class ClearTest extends ClearCase{

        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                 ClearTest test = new ClearTest();
                 test.setClearToolDir("C:\\Program Files\\ClearCase\\bin");
                 test.setViewPath("M:\\u_mercury_toj2fe\\foo\\toj2fe\\name.txt");
                 System.out.println(test.getViewPath());

                 Commandline c = new Commandline("cleartool describe name.txt");
                test.run(c);

        }
}

Please help.