ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryException on large build
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:37:12 GMT
> From: Sebastien Blanc [mailto:Sebastien.Blanc@alcatel.com]
>
> Hi !
> one solution I know always work is to wrap your <ant> calls into a java
> call
> forking and also positioning the jvmarg for xms/xmx options.
> seb.

But be aware that the logging system of the child VMs are disconnected to
the parent VM, so if you have listeners/loggers, this is not ideal.

As Steve L. said a few times, we'd need a fork attribute on <ant>, which
uses RMI or a socket to hook up the two logging systems.

the time, or duplicate all the properties, etc... --DD