ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Kajsa" <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: Help Needed
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:26:19 GMT
Normally VSS expects only checked out files to be writable, so it considers
a writable file to be checked out by you.  I assume you mean <vssget> when
you say vssfetch...  I think writeablefiles="skip" is probably what you're
looking for.  The side effect is that if for some reason you change a file
that's not checked out to be writeable, VSS would skip updating it.  As I
understand it, the limitations on the vss tasks are limitations of the
underlying VSS command line tool (though I haven't had as much time to poke
at them as I would like)...

Regarding your 2nd question, I've found it much simpler to download the
binary distributions, so I can't help you there.

Kajsa Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Uppoor [mailto:Deepak_Uppoor@infosys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 11:10 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: Help Needed

I am using ant script for building my project. Ant Version: 1.6
But I am facing some minor issues which potentially are having very high
impact. Please help me on the following is the list of issues:
·       At the time of getting the sources from VSS there may have been some
files which are checked out by me. Daily I would dump the sources to the
same place in my machine where I have checked out the files also. So
overwriting the files would make me loose the changes that I have made in
the local file. My requirement is I don't want to loose these changes. I
could find the option of "writablefiles" in vssfetch command for this
purpose. But I can not relate a file being writable to the fact that it is
checked out by me. So is there a way to find out those files which have been
checked out by me and skip getting them while fetching the other sources? I
did search but could not get anything related to mentioning the name of the
person who has checked out the file.
·       I have created the ant binary from source, but while doing so there
were some warnings/errors in creating the java documentation. The total size
of the output on the console was so huge that I could not see the entire
listing. But there were some regarding the java documentation. Can this be
reliable for use?
Please reply with the answers for these queries ASAP.
Thanks,
Deepak