ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Ant Books
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:18:38 GMT
My opinion on this topic is, of course, quite biased being a co-author
of Java Development with Ant and all.  But I'll offer some generic
advice since I'm also a very critical book consumer..... read the
reviews (at Amazon and elsewhere).  Every publisher has their duds, so
you cannot rely solely on the publishers reputation.  Be critical of
the books you spend your money on - a lousy book is worthless or worse,
misleading.

In the spirit of openness, there are a couple of other nice Ant related
books out there (which I own also).  Ant Developers Handbook (Sam's) is
quality.  Extreme Programming with Ant (also by Sam's) is not really
they type of book you're after but has a lot of nice techniques in it.

	Erik