ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul, R. Chip" <ROY.C.PAUL....@saic.com>
Subject RE: ant variables on win & unix
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:44:57 GMT
Shouldn't you have an environment variable named TOMCAT_HOME anyway? (or is
it CATALINA_HOME?)
I thought Tomcat wanted that to run properly.

If you have an env variable you could just do:
    <!-- Get the environment variables -->
    <property name="env" environment="env" value="env"/>

    <property name="webapp.dir" value="${env.TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/myapp" />

Alternatively, specify webapp.dir in a build.properties file that defines it
properly for each environment.  I'm not sure you want to check for an OS
version for something as simple as a path change.

Chip Paul
Sr Software Engineer
ComFrame Software Corporation

Listen.Understand.Innovate
www.comframe.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Stokes [mailto:stokesp@quinn-direct.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:05 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: ant variables on win & unix

Hi.

I want to ant to automatically detect which platform I'm running it on
(win/linux) and therefore to use a different variable for the deploy
target, i.e. in win I'd need to take into account drive names

win: e:/java/deploy/tomcat/webapps/myapp
linux /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myapp

Looked at system properties, but cannot figure it out, any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pete.

*******