ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Cone...@gnf.com>
Subject RE: Help Needed
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:49:41 GMT
Deepak

    I ran into the same situation you describe in the first part of your message. I found
this solution:

           <vssget login="${vss.user},${vss.pwd}"
                    recursive="true"  ssdir="${vss.home}"
                    serverpath="${vss.server}" localpath="${jsp.home}"
                    vsspath="{vss.jsp.path}" writable="false" autoresponse="N"
                    quiet="on" failonerror="false" writablefiles="skip"
            />

    As you can see, when the <vssget> task found a writable (checked out) file, just
skips it. However, you can use files which are being modified and could make your compilation
/ jar'ed / war'ed / ear'ed process fail and / or update something wrong in your staging /
QA / production environment.

    My work-around (and sometimes, my advice) was to create a separate directory and checkout
all the sources from VSS there; then perform all the required operations there (compilation,
etc). With this, I assume that all my developers have just checked in / updated the latest
versions of their work *without* bugs and fully usable. This also avoids that the whole system
crashes down when you are updating your testing environments within short periods of time
(> 3 hours)

	HTH
	Luis