ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (PS, GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Cone...@gnf.com>
Subject RE: Question about failonerror
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:11:28 GMT
If you want to know what's failing and have an alternative before the process finishes, you
can use ant-contrib's[1] <trycatch>. It will not prevent your tasks fail, but you'll
have some control after failing and an alternative way to execute some other stuff.

Regards
Luis

BTW, I agree with Dominique ;)

[1] http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 1:05 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Question about failonerror

> From: Tony Brusseau [mailto:brusseau@cyc.com]
>
> I just wrote a target that calls junit and
> has different behaviors depending on whether of
> not junit succeeded. To do this I used the
> following attributes:
> 	haltonfailure="off"
>         failureproperty="test-failed"
>
> I'd like to have the same behevior for
> compling, cleaning, "cvsing", installing, etc.

Why? Doesn't an unsuccessful compile warrant a failure?

The only time I ever use failonerror="false" is to allow
generating the testing report with <junitreport>, so that
the developer can look at the failures in the report, and
I then actually fail the build.

That's it. Everything else that fails should fail the build,
and you should reconsider doing anything different, IMHO. --DD