ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: .cvspass example
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:37:19 GMT
FYI, the encryption used by cvs is really weak. I hope the password
you've posted on this list isn't valuable...!

Vijay Prasanna wrote:

> if u 've cvs client, check in DOS prompt, else i've no idea

if it works then it should be ANT problem.

that how access the contents of that file

> Vijay Prasanna wrote:
> no way a user could encrypt a password, a valid loginname with password should exist
in the server.

> whenever u do a cvs operation from client m/c, the password gets encrypted and stored
in .cvspass file, which can be used later on by other applications for cvs operations.

> u cannot jus like that use cvspass ANT task to create entries in the file.
>
> "CVSPASS TASK adds entries to a .cvspass file. Adding entries to this file has the same
affect as a cvs login command."