ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices ANT
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:52:16 GMT
On 02/19/2004 04:08 PM Chappell, Simon P wrote:
>> 4)If we are using independent build.xml for each module how to call
>> one build.xml from other?
>

> I suggest that you not do that. It's better to bring in a bre-built
> EJB from another project than to build it upon demand. This gives you
> a much lower coupling, allowing you to swap out the EJB with another
> one that implements the required API. It also removes any chance that
> the EJB might be unbuildable at that instant (build breaks do happen
> in the real world).

That sounds very logical advice. However this could get laborious if you
have 1 EJB per JAR and many EJBs in your project.

Or do you think having seperate JARs for each EJB is unnecessary? Seems
unnecessary to me, but then I probably have less experience than anyone
here.

Adam
--
ant 1.6.0 + java 1.4.2 on Linux 2.4.20 Debian