ant-user mailing list archives

From Evan Easton <e...@eeaston.com>
Subject Expanding <import> override rules to types?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:50:21 GMT
With ant 1.6's import is there any hope that the override rules for
targets will be applied to type's?  For example, if I define a  <fileset
id="foo" ...>...</fileset>  with a shared build file then import it from
another build file, it would be nice to be able to override fileset with
id foo with the following benefits:

- Wouldn't get the message "Overriding previous definition of reference
to foo" in this case
- Could still reference the overridden fileset using
[importedprojectname].foo

Any chance this can be done for types instead of only allowing  it for
targets.

For backward compatibility, I suppose you could continue to issue the
"Overriding previous..." message, but the behavior would still be the
same  (memory usage would be higher of course).

Evan