ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ?? Using Get Task Instead of CVS task ??
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:15:42 GMT

Hi Tony,

can you let us know in which document exactly you read this :

Tony LaPaso wrote:

> The Ant documentation indicates the GET task is "preferred above
> the CVS task when fetching remote content".

I want to fix the document. :-)

>Maybe I'm missing something here....a CVS repository is not an
>HTTP server, right? Of course not. So how how can I use the GET
>task to retrieve from a CVS repository?

I think the document where you read that might meant that if you have a
choice between downloading a file using HTTP or CVS, because the same
jar is available say on ibiblio.org and on cvs.apache.org, then you
should choose the HTTP solution. But it does not mean that you can fetch
CVS files using the get task (or there is something I do not know about
the get task :-[ ).

Antoine