ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: mail differences from 1.5.3 to 1.6.0
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:52:37 GMT
Ciramella, EJ wrote:

>I've just upgraded to take advantage of the subant task but the mail that
>gets sent out is weird.
>
>Using ant 1.5.3, the file used for the body of the message gets treated just
>as such.  With 1.6.0, I get a message from the server (with the file as an
>attachment):
>
>This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet
>Service.  To view the original message content,  open the attached message.
>If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then
>open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.
>
>If I change the encoding to PLAIN, things work fine - but I didn't need this
>setting when I was using 1.5.3.  Is this a change with ANT?

Hi EJ,
there are a lot of things which have been changed in Mail and MailLogger
in ant 1.6 compared with ant 1.5.x.

When you have the mail.jar and activation.jar under $ANT_HOME/lib, ant
will use the JavaMail implementation of mail.

When you say encoding="plain", it actually means that the plain mail
implementation of the mail task internal to the ant codebase is used
instead of the JavaMail implementation (Actually, I think that the name
of this attribute - encoding - is wrong for what it does).

In ant 1.6 it is possible to specify your character set in this case.
(charset attribute).

Check whether things work also OK in your ant 1.6 installation if you
add the attribute charset="US-ASCII" for instance, assuming that this
one is all right for you.

Antoine