ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: ANT + CVS +SSH + Cygwin problems
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:45:52 GMT
Not sure what your problem is :
- possibility one :
  when ant starts cvs the CVS_RSH is not set right for you; there is an
attribute of the cvs task to set it explicitly independently of your
environment
- possibility two
  the cvs pass file is not found
if you start ant under cygwin, a system property cygwin.user.home is set
by the ant script.
the cvs task uses this property or the user.home property if
cygwin.user.home is not defined  locate the .cvspass file
Do you have a .cvspass file in your cygwin home directory ?

- possibility three :
   when cvs spawns ssh for you, ssh does not find your HOME and
especially your .ssh dir containing your keys
   (I do not think that this is the problem, but why not)

One thing you can try is to replace cvs  by a script which echoes all
its command arguments and the environment into a file, then you might be
able to figure out what is going wrong.

Antoine

Juraj.Lenharcik@t-systems.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have gor again a stupid problem with cvs running with ssh. Connecting to cvs directly
from prompt (cygwin) is running (after entering password), but running the cvs task from ANT
fails. The last message I get is: